May challenge: Decorate a candle holder or vase.
My excuse for not posting this sooner is that I didn't have any flowers to put in it. Mom suggested pencils a while back, so I finally just gave in and did that.
I came up with the idea to make a beaded "skirt" for the vase early on... leave it to me to make something simple into a REAL challenge!
This time, I joined mom and Jodie in one of their "Crafternoons". I used some wire around the top, to hold it all in place. The beading itself took about an hour longer than both mom and Jodie's projects. I was feeling upset about that for a bit, but I think it was worth it, in the end.
Looking back at it now, I would have liked to put the beading all the way to the bottom. But I've also been thinking it might be cute to have some of those colored "stones" in there instead.