Monday, February 17, 2014

READ the Cans

This post is so out-of-date it's ridiculous. I apologize, but at least I did the project eventually.

We had a group challenge last October to make lanterns out of tin cans by using nails to punch holes. My mom and sister did theirs in a timely manner, but I didn't. I actually shoved cans in the freezer at the appropriate time, but I never pulled them out to take a whack at the project. Initially I used the excuse that I needed a bigger nail. After I failed to get a bigger nail (and was in fact warned against it), the cans kept getting shuffled around in my freezer. I've really been needing the space they take up, though. And as it's Presidents' Day and I don't have work, I decided to finally do this project so I could fit all my frozen veggies.

Look, I'm pretty sure that by "leaves" as my theme, I'm more often going with leaves of a book rather than leaves from trees. I have every intention to do tree-like things, but then I get distracted by books or library-related things. So I present to you my READ cans.



By the light of day, they're pretty ugly. I didn't paint them or finish them or anything. I don't have spray paint and I don't really want to spend time on these cans with paint I'm pretty sure will peel off.

Look at them with the lights off and candles inside, though!

 
It's almost charming, right?

Well, I'm not sure what I'll do with them now, but at least I've done the project and have that space in my freezer again.


No comments:

Post a Comment