Saturday, July 28, 2012

Teeny Tiny Puppet Buddies!

For my puppet challenge, I decided to crochet little finger puppets - one for each of us!


I'll talk about each individually, in the order in which I made them:


I started with a kitty for Jeanne. Note the shades from white to black.
I even gave the kitty a little tail!


Next, I made Julie's. Hers is a penguin, but it is fun and crazy colors!
I wanted to make it look like it came right out of a picture book.


Then I made a giraffe for Mom in pink and red. 
This is where my polka dot "signature" comes in - I wanted to make it a spotty giraffe!


Finally, I made an octopus for myself! My favorite animal is actually a flamingo, but I had already made a bird and these octopi are just too darn cute.
This octopus only has five legs, though - I guess that makes her a pentapus?

This was such a fun project! Crocheting teeny finger puppets requires a different kind of dexterity and attention to detail than crocheting hats, and it was really fun to try something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment