Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Room for Tea

A bit of historical trivia

Do you know this stuff is actually called duck tape? It's because there is duck cloth (once commonly used for sails) that this originates from. The inventors of our favorite holds-the-world-together tape put adhesive on the back of duck cloth and produced duck tape. It's actually not recommended you use it for your (air) ducts.
 

On to the challenge...

 


A (fun? interesting?) fact about me: I love coffee and tea. I have quite a bit of the stuff and accoutrements around my apartment. Drip coffee maker, french press, espresso maker, hot pot, whole bean, ground, Via, tea in bags, loose tea from stores, loose tea made my people I know, infusers, even odd (read: birthday cake flavored, Turkish, and even fictional universe) hot chocolates. It's a bit of a mess. I have a whole section of kitchen counter top devoted to drink options. At some point it dawned on me today that I could use my duck tape to make a cute little tea holder instead of having a bajillion boxes on the counter. Thus, I present to you, my tea holder.


There is something super amusing to me about my hot drinks being stored in the penguin box. It seems so appropriate. I also got to break out my label maker to label the two major sections, which makes me quite happy. Black teas include super Irish breakfast, Earl grey, chai, and straight up black. Herbals include mint, chamomile, an interesting sweet cinnamon spice herbal tea, some random fruit teas, and lavender-chamomile made by my best friend and Lovely by a friend of a friend (tho it's not exactly herbal).

This by no means holds all my teas, but it's an excellent option for many teas. Plus it took me about a half an hour to make start to finish (not including the extra hour it's taken to remove leftover adhesive from my hands). I'm quite satisfied with this result. The pattern wasn't aligned as well as Jeanne did hers, but I don't need it to be. It's just right for me :)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the tea is made from a bunch of plants and most of teas are from leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment