One of my coworkers has this really nifty phone soft case she made. After seeing her pull it out for weeks, I finally asked if I could look at it. I generally don't care about cases for my phone (sorry, little phone buddy), but hers had a really interesting addition: she had sewn a cloth for cleaning eyeglasses inside the case. Every time the phone went in and out, the screen was cleaned. As an owner of a touch phone, I loved this idea.
Her case, sadly, was more than I could manage. I went home anyway and stumbled around and made a case for myself. Here it is:
I made it from some cotton-blend fabric I bought for a Halloween costume a couple years ago. The case isn't fully finished. I don't have a serger, so my edges are rough. I know that. Really, it's kind of like I made an inside case and should put it in a more finished case.
It's actually pretty tight, so that's part of why it's in the state it's in. Plus, I'm kind of mulling over what to do next. Anyway, I made it specifically to fit my Motorola Photon Q, but it's probably a standard-sized phone. In fact, I know it's a big roomy but fits an iphone fairly well.
(Special thanks to my boyfriend for letting me
borrow his iphone for these photos)
I did manage to do the eyeglasses cloth inside the case. It was a bit of a sacrifice to give up my cloth for this, but that was the point in making it.
So my phone is a lot cleaner than it used to be. I figure the project itself is probably a work in progress. If I know my mom, she'll probably give me some suggestions on how to finish this without too much extra toil. The photos make it look rougher and more likely to fall apart than it really is.
I never do extra projects to post here (I barely manage to get the group challenges posted), but I thought I'd share one of the small things I've done lately.
I'm still thinking about my duck tape challenge. I had a great plan, but it proved VERY complicated, so I'm back at the drawing board.