Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Turkey Brigade

Say! Who are these fine looking bald fellows?



Why, they are the turkey brigade Jeanne and I made for Thanksgiving. We included one at each place setting to use as nameplate holders. 



We used a clothespin for the body. Painted the upper portion with brown acrylic paint. Added a felt beak, felt wattle, and googly eyes. We had a hard time finding feathers, for our fine friends, so off to the dollar store I traveled where I gathered up four feathered Mardi Gras masks. Jeanne carefully disassembled them and -- voila! -- tail feathers. The turks stand in a base made of spraypainted foam core.



But like all rafters of turkeys, these chums just wobbled around and did not want to stay in strict formation. Gotta love them gobblers.

Many thanks to Jodie for taking photos of the completed birds.
.
.








.
---

Clothespin turkeys inspired by an image I found on Pinterest. If anyone knows the original designer, please let me know so I can give proper credit.



No comments:

Post a Comment