Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Greeting Cards

Every now and then I get an itch to make some greeting cards. It gives me a chance to play with paper, doodads, and color. I was inspired to make these from a couple cards I saw online. 




The first gave me an excuse to buy a new heart-shaped hole punch. This one is 2-3/8" ... a nice size for many many projects in the future.



I used the punch to make the girl's skirt. I used an old button from my grandmother's button jar for the head and heart-shaped buttons for the balloons.



Inside, a message for my girl who like her fancy shoes!



---

The second card was inspired by a YouTube video. In the video, Marianne makes a series of cards including this clever apology card made with a real eraser. I used glue dots to adhere the eraser to the card. I got to try out a new set of alphabet stamps for the lettering.



I kept the inside message simple.



I highly recommend watching the entire video for more great ideas:



.
.








---

Birthday card inspired by buttonbaps:




Apology card inspired by Marianne:





No comments:

Post a Comment